Martial Arts Instruction - Applying Educational Theory and Communication Techniques in the Dojo By Lawrence A. Kane
While the old adage, "those who can't do, teach" is not entirely true, all too often "those who can do" cannot teach effectively. This book is unique in that it offers a holistic approach to teaching martial arts; incorporating elements of educational theory and communication techniques typically overlooked in budo.
Teachers will improve their abilities to motivate, educate, and retain students, while students interested in the martial arts will develop a better understanding of what instructional methods best suit their needs.
- A tactical toolset useful to anyone’s teaching style
- Improve your ability to motivate, educate and retain students
- Explains how to optimize time and attention
- Designed to individual preferences and learning styles
- Effective for both children and adults
214 pages, 20 photographs, 32 illustrations