The Tai Chi Dragon Sword is well crafted full tang sword at an affordable price. This Chinese single straight sword is sturdy yet lightweight. The 28" and 30" can hold their own weight when resting on its tip. The sword is well balanced and great for beginner and intermediate practitioners who are performing traditional style martial arts. The scabbard with carved dragon design and handle are made of hardwood commonly used in furniture, boat building etc. The guard, pommel, and fittings are made of alloy with a dragon design. The blade near guard starts at a little less than an 1/8 inch thick tapering down to the tip. You will be able to practice movements and forms with ease without putting as much strain on the arm or wrist. Sword includes a free tassel.
Blade Lengths Available: 28", 30" , 32"
Blade Length 32" does not hold its own weight due to blade size!
Approximate Sword Specifications
- Sword Weight: 28" 1.05 lbs, 30.5" 1.20 lbs, 32" 1.30 lbs
- Overall Weight (Sword + Scabbard): 28" 1.60 lbs, 30.5" 1.85 lbs, 32" 1.90 lbs
- Sword Material: Hand Forged Spring Steel
- Tang: Full
- Balance Point: 2"
- Handle Length: 5"
- Guard Width: 4"
- Blade: Diamond Shape Flattened
- Fittings: Alloy
- Flexibility: Moderate
- Wood Material: Hardwood with black lacquer finish